Sunday, July 19, 2009

Caney Fork Fishing Report "Guides Day Off" (day one)

Guides Day Off
Dan Sharley and I hit the water for an afternoon float on the Caney Fork River. We decided to float late, after the mid-day pulse, for a relaxing afternoon of drowning some nymphs and stripping some streamers. The water temp was in the mid to upper 50's, the air temp was outstanding and with the falling water after the pulse the float was Just plain relaxing.


Dan Stuck This Brown Early in the Trip

We fished an old standby that I used to fish on the Elk. Everyone who follows these reports has heard of the Bust-a-Brown, which is a soft hackle/streamer I developed for low water. It is not a super-technical fly, but it will produce a brown trout under the right conditions. Yesterday the Bust-A-Brown came through again and attracted several fish and a nice brown or two.


Dan is always good to have on the boat, because he doesn't mind trying things that I need to try, in hopes I can use them on future trips. He knows how to row the boat and he has an artist's eye, which shows in some of the photos from our trip. I won't bore you too much with all the details, because I believe the photos from our trip say a lot about our day.



Well, take me back down where the cool waters flow, yeah
I can hear the bullfrog callin' me home, yall
Wonder if my rope's still hanging from the tree.
Love to kick my feet way down the shallow water,
Shoefly, dragonfly, get back your mother
Pick up flat rock, skip it across green river.
Creedence Clearwater Revival

This Fish Came Later in the Trip

See the Latest Fishing Report from Southeastern Fly and Click Here for Regional Travel Information

Caught & Released


No comments:

Post a Comment