Sunday, April 4, 2010

Trip Prep & a Visit With Some Old Friends.

First off thanks for stopping by the fishing report.

The weather has been outstanding, however I have been "under the weather" for most of the week and off the water. Thanks to several friends and clients I have been receiving daily fishing updates. The Elk is fishing pretty good right now and the Caney has just gone back to no generator, one generator, and two generators. This isn't the best schedule, but TWRA has been visiting the river in the stocking trucks, which will help pass the time between holdovers. The white bass are up in the creeks from Tennessee to Alabama and hitting clousers as well as other streamers of choice.

We are heading to Upper East Tennessee with a group to fish the Watauga, South Holston and the Doe. Also, we may have a chance at other waters that we haven't thought about yet. I do want to make a point to get some time on Holy Water, which is one of my all time favorite places on the Watauga. We will see if I can sneak away and enjoy this 100 yards of clear fish-filled water. Getting ready for this trip will take a lot of my spare time this week, but hopefully, if we can find some wi-fi, we will be able to provide daily updates from the trip.

I got up pretty early this morning and had a nice visit with a book. I have read this series of books 4 or 5 times over the last few years. I read about Jud, Henry, Sarah and Junior. Even though I have read about this cast of characters time and time again, it never gets old reading about the little town called Travers Corners... If you haven't read about Travers Corners, well might I suggest starting with the first in the series of the same title.

Today is a special day for most of us and I would like to say....Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment