Sunday, December 14, 2008

2008 The Year In Review

I have spent a good number of days on the water this year with a lot good folks including my family, and clients, new friends and old friends. I've had the pleasure of fishing several different rivers, some small streams and in the Gulf of Mexico as well this year. We've caught fish on nymphs with indicators, dry flys with droppers, and small streamers trailing bigger streamers and a lot of other stuff I can't remember. I didn't get to go cat fishin so I didn't use worms, but hopefully next summer I can get away, take the spinning rod, put it in the Y of a stick and wait for the twitch. Don't have a heart attack you want to go too.

Since the rivers are blown out here in Middle Tennessee and the Caney Fork is high, the Elk is rolling and since our trip down the Stones River through the middle of Murfreesboro didn't come about this weekend, well I thought I would make a slide show. With so many photos and many trips I finally stopped at four shows, so that should get us through the rest of the year. Hopefully I'll sneak out on the water if we can get Christmas taken care of and the weather will cooperate.

I started working on the slide show in between tying some fies for this weeks Lynchburg Flyfisher's meeting and digging through the garage looking for my 3 weight to take on the annual family New Year Smoky's trip. If you were in the boat over the past year and don't see your picture, stay tuned for the next slide show, because your photo is Prego (in there somewhere). By the way I found the three weight in with all the five weights and got most of the flies tied.

Also, let me know what you think about all this new (old to most people) technology. So, click on the brown trout below and see the first of four slide shows from 2008......and thanks to everyone who made 2008 a very good year on the water.

2008 The Year In Review

2 comments: